Money Smart for Small Business is a training program for small businesses developed jointly by the FDIC and Small Business Administration. The training is delivered in 1-hour sessions, to be held by the Pathway Women’s Business Center each Tuesday night and participants are introduced to a different topic in each session and provided an overview, basic concepts and key points.
Money Smart for Small Business sessions provides a broad overview of essential business concepts, which provide business owners the opportunity to clearly understand the magnitude of starting, owning and operating a business. As a result of these sessions, participants gain the ability to become better business owners and potentially better customers for financial institutions in our community.
Topics covered include:
- Banking Services – Designed for Small Businesses
- Credit Reporting – Demystified
- Financial Management – Understanding this Critical Practice
- Insurance – Choices for businesses
- Organization Types – Pros and Cons of Business Structures
- Recordkeeping – As a Managerial Tool
- Risk Management – Planning for What You Can and Cannot Control
- Tax Planning and Reporting
To learn more and register for these courses, please visit our Events Calendar.