FedBizOpps is a government-run website that is a great resource for finding Federal contracting opportunities, no matter your line of business.
FedBizOpps, or FBO, is the Federal government’s web site (fedbizopps.gov) that posts all Federal procurement opportunities with a value over $25,000. It can be thought of as the government’s RFP clearinghouse.
FedBizOpps gov can be found at www.fbo.gov or www.fedbizopps.gov, and provides you with a sophisticated search engine for finding thousands of immediate RFP opportunities. It also lists possible future federal contract opportunities. All GSA Schedule solicitations are also listed on FedBizOps.
Several training programs are available at the site to teach you the mechanics of using the FBO system.
You do not need to register to use FedBizOpps, however, if you do, you can receive the following benefits:
- E-mail Notifications: sign up for email notifications based on keywords or other criteria you specify, such as agency, PSC and FSC codes, and type of government contract.
- Monitor pending contracts: Stay on top of impending federal contracts.
- Create Watch Lists: Add federal contract opportunities to your own “watch list” so you are notified of important events.
FedBizOps is Useful for Marketing:
FedBiz is most useful for Federal marketers, federal sales and business development, and those interested in GSA Sales and GSA contracts.
- Agency Profiles: You can look at profiles of federal agencies that use the system, see the procuring locations, and view all current opportunities.
- Interested Vendor: You can also list your firm as being an interested vendor so that other vendors can contact you about collaborating on a project.
- Sources Sought Notices: FBO also contains sources sought notices. This enables agencies to receive information about qualified vendors for a prospective project, even if the the project is not yet ready to go out for bid.
- Small Business Events: For small businesses, it also contains a listing of all small business events that are sponsored by various agencies.