Content Marketing Internship Opportunity: Summer 2018 at Nashville Nonprofit
Pathway Lending is a nonprofit, community-based lender in Nashville. We provide affordable business loans and hands-on technical assistance to small businesses across Tennessee and Alabama. Pathway Lending is also host to the Pathway Women’s Business Center, or Pathway WBC. Pathway WBC offers classroom training and customized mentoring to entrepreneurs at every stage of business and in every industry. Our team is busy and growing!
We’re officially in the hiring process for a Content Marketing Intern for Summer of 2018.
We’re looking for a passionate, curious and logical person to help our Nashville team ideate and execute content across our websites and social media channels. This candidate will also support in developing, coordinating, and scheduling the social media calendar, including posting to our blogs, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels.
The Content Marketing Intern Role:
- Assist with new content creation, including drafting and editing client success stories, educational blog posts, social media posts, and newsletters
- Assist members of the Marketing team with different digital marketing projects
- Assist members of the Marketing team with client visits (in Nashville only).
- Assist with implementing, scheduling, measuring, and optimizing social media and email campaigns
- Monitoring and optimizing Google Analytics
- Perform research and help make changes to website content
The Ideal Content Marketing Intern Candidate:
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate students majoring in Advertising, Marketing or Communications are encouraged to apply.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience with email marketing, social media platforms, and website content management systems is preferred but not required.
- Good Communicator: You will need to present your thoughts in an understandable and relatable way.
- You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas. Excellent written and oral communication skills, solid proofreading abilities, and attention to detail are a must.
- Critical Thinking: You must be able to look at trends and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Multi-Tasker: You must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time and have the flexibility and prioritization skills to change course when necessary.
- Creative Thinker: You will need to work collaboratively to develop new content for our websites that can be translated into social media posts that generate engagement (i.e. facebook likes, retweets, etc.).
This is a paid, part-time position $15/hour 20 to 30 hours per week. While scheduling is flexible within our regular office hours, we request applicants to have a consistent work week for the duration of their engagement. We are located in MetroCenter, just north of downtown Nashville.
We highly encourage all candidates to familiarize themselves with our mission, voice, and content by visiting us online at www.pathwaylending.org and www.pathwaywbc.org. We also recommend that candidates understand our social media presence, including:
- Pathway Lending on Facebook
- Pathway WBC on Facebook
- Pathway Lending on Twitter
- Pathway WBC on Twitter
- Pathway Lending on Instagram
- Pathway WBC on Instagram
- Pathway Lending and Pathway WBC on LinkedIn
- Pathway Lending and Pathway WBC on YouTube
How to Apply:
If this content marketing intern position sounds like a good fit, send us your resume with a writing sample of at least 200 words to email@example.com. Contact Lisa Guzda at 615.425.7171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The deadline to apply for this internship is 5:00pm CST on Friday, March 30.
Pathway Lending and the Pathway Women’s Business Center do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a protected veteran.